Y’all remember life before kids? Back when you were on the outside looking in and full of wild ideas and judgement … you know, all those “when I have kids …” moments? Don’t look at me like that, we all thought it. We’ve all said it.
So, to make us all feel better and laugh at ourselves (or, maybe, just at me), I wanted to make a comprehensive list of all the things my kid won’t do that he does, in fact, do.
- Eat McDonald’s. Weekly. Sometimes twice.
- Know there are toys in the Happy Meal & he certainly won’t play with them before he eats.
- Watch TV.
- Have a tablet.
- Throw a tantrum.
- Throw a tantrum in the middle of Target.
- Scream in a restaurant.
- Run away from me in a restaurant.
- Wake up at 4am. Every. Single. Day. Of. His. Short. Life.
- Have a pacifier.
- Suck her fingers/thumb.
- Have play weapons.
- Take over the house with toys.
- Eat different dinners/meals than the rest of us. I will NOT cook two dinners.
- Eat candy. Definitely not as an entire meal.
- Be bribed. I would NEVER bribe my child with any of the above tactics. Nope. I will never negotiate with candy, toys or screen time.
- Eat in the car.
- Tell strangers about his penis.
- Lick the handicap railing in the restroom at Costco. )Wait, that’s super specific. Who’s kid did that? That’s horrible. Yeah, that was my kid and I had no idea I was supposed to add that to the My Kid Won’t do That List.
What are some of the things you swore your kid wouldn’t do, but totally does?